• chevron_rightAre the contents of my unit insured against a hurricane?
    No. Personal property such as furniture and clothing should be insured by the Unit owner. The Association does purchase windstorm damage coverage for the structure only — which includes the walls, floors and built-ins as originally constructed. Significant improvements or adjustments to the interior need additional coverage by the Unit owner.
  • chevron_rightAre the gardeners available to work at my unit?
    Michael and Tony are glad to help out with small tasks during their normal working hours — such as help carry in a heavy grocery bag or help with a flat tire. They are here to help you. No gratuity is required but is appreciated. Larger jobs such as car washing, painting or furniture moving should be contracted for after-hours or weekends.
  • chevron_rightDo I own the trees and shrubs surrounding my unit?
    All plantings are owned and maintained by the Association. Some plants may be moved, trimmed or treated at the discretion of our manager and gardeners. Unit owners may place purchased plants around their unit, but they should be disease and drought resistant. Locally grown or plants transferred from within Sweet Lime Village survive best.
  • chevron_rightHow do I get a copy of the Rules and Regulations?
    The Rules and Regulations are available for download here. The document section does not require a login password — so a tenant, a prospective buyer or a real estate agent can see how Sweet Lime Village operates. Meeting minutes and financial data are sensitive — so only owners have access to this part of the website.
  • chevron_rightI want to renovate the interior of my unit, do I need association approval?
    As long as your alteration does not affect the commons (exterior), it does not require Association approval. Of course, your alteration must be in compliance with local building and fire codes. If in doubt — contact our manager before embarking on any extensive project. Your contractor may tell you that an alteration won't be problematic but checking beforehand can save you money and avoid disappointment. For more information — see Sec 8.1 of the By-Laws. You may need to buy additional contents insurance for improvements or alterations to your Unit.
  • chevron_rightMay I attend board meetings?
    Board meetings are open to all Unit owners. Because the meetings are not held on a regular basis, please contact our Manager or President to find out when the next meeting is scheduled.
  • chevron_rightMay I keep a pet in my unit?
    Keeping a pet in your unit requires an application for a Pet Permit. Provided that the safety, privacy and comfort of other unit owners is not an issue — approval is usually not a problem. Renters (tenants) are not allowed to have pets under any circumstances.
  • chevron_rightMay I park my vehicle in front of my unit for the summer while the unit is unoccupied?
    Absolutely. However, the Association assumes no responsibility or liability for your vehicle during your absences.
  • chevron_rightWhat does a condominium owners association do?
    A condominium is a legal entity imposed upon the property Sweet Lime Village inhabits and governed by local law. It is comprised of the units as described in the Declaration of Condominium and the rest is the commons. The property is owned collectively by all of the unit owners. The Declaration of Condominium states who and what we are and the By-Laws state how we are governed. The affairs of the Association are governed by a Board of Directors elected by the unit owners while day to day management falls to the Managing Agent. By accepting a deed at closing, all Unit owners agree to abide by the By-Laws. 
  • chevron_rightWhat is safe to go into the toilet or drain?
    Sweet Lime Village along with Saman manage/maintain a waste water treatment system, CUSI, that can ONLY treat human waste and toilet paper. Nothing else is treatable and causes serious clogging problems that are prohibitively expensive to fix  and result in increased homeowners expense. Here is a list of prohibited items.
  • chevron_rightWho is allowed to vote at the annual meeting?
    Each Unit needs to designate one person as a Qualified Unit Representative as described in Sec. 3.2 of the By-Laws. You probably did this when you created a profile while logging in to our website. The Qualified Unit Representative — usually an owner or their spouse but it may be any one person who can look out for your interests — votes for you or you may designate a proxy simply by downloading the SLVHOA Proxy